Friday, April 30, 2010

Hospitality


Recently while sitting with a group of 16,
someone special commented that it was MUCH nicer
to dine at a restaurant
than to have the host
cook and serve all of us.


I am small and petty,
so I noted to the special person
that I am known to entertain 11
for 3 meals a day, 4 days in a row.
The special person intended to compliment me by saying
"That's because YOU are more organized!"

I heard it like this:
YOU can do the work, so you SHOULD do the work.
Others are exempt because it is harder for them.

However, I am trying to be more positive.

I told this story to a dear friend.
Today she sent me this:

Do not neglect hospitality, for through it

some have unknowingly entertained angels.

Hebrews 13:2

Once again I am ready to be gracious.

Thanks, friend.


1 comment: