Sunday, March 11, 2012

Leftovers

One thing I learned about knitting socks:
it takes about 100 grams for one pair.
No matter the weight of the yarn.


So, if you are traveling,
and you are weird enough
to visit a yarn store while on vacation 
(like I am)
you can buy souvenir yarn,
even if you don't have a project in mind.

After all, 
you could end up with a pair of souvenir socks!

And look what I made with the leftovers:


A coffee cozy!

Mr.'s sister invests in Starbucks.
Every day.
One tall chai latte, please!

I thought she could use one of these.


I just LOVE the way this yarn knitted up.

I had enough to send another to my pen pal.

Pattern is from 
and took me about 40 minutes to make.

It was so easy, 
I might make a bunch...
just to use up my leftover yarn.

1 comment:

  1. Love the socks and coffee sleeve! And it is totally normal to check out local yarn stores.

    ReplyDelete