Sunday, March 18, 2012

On My Needles

I am experiencing a baby boom.

I thought it would be a good idea
 to make a baby blanket.

It's pretty...
but I'm sort of hating it.
I think it's tedious.
And heavy.
I'm committed though.

Here's the pattern:
Cast on 110 stitches.
K1P1 (seed stitch) for 6 rows.

K1, P1 for first 6 stitches of row 7, 
then knit until the last 6 stitches, ending with 6 seed stitches.
Next row: seed stitch 6 stitches, 
purl to the last 6 stitches, seed stitch.

A lovely seed stitch border
surrounds stripes of stockinette stitches.

Lovely.





But I am already tired of it.


 I also have this on waiting...
which I am EAGER to knit.
But as it is a holiday gift,
it must wait.

Babies come first.



Mr. needs a homemade baby gift
for a friend.
I bought this lovely yellow yarn,
originally for another blanket.

But I am wondering 
if it will be a 

baby sweater instead.



I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment