Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pittsburgh St. Patrick's Day Parade 2012

We braved the crowds 
and went to the parade.

In the train, we were packed 
like a Russian suitcase full of Levi's.
Standing room only.


Folks entertained the crowd
while they waited.
I guess it was a good time to get my 15 minutes of fame.
Too bad I never learned to juggle.
Or ride a unicycle.
My career at the circus is stalled.



We made the sisters wake at 8am.
On a Saturday.
The only thing that made Sister happy
was this sign
which I think she loves because it antagonizes her father.
She's a rebel.



Lookie at that nice family!


The bishop and cardinal were both there.


And, Mr. Joe Biden!
Plenty of secret service guarded him.
That's our Flat Kane! 
We were hosting him from the U.P.


One of the interesting factoids learned at the parade:
The U.S. has more bagpipes than Ireland.

And I think they were all at the parade.


Folks really got into it.


Especially this guy.


And he wasn't the only one with a green beard.

All in all, lots of fun.
Temps in the 70's (YAY!)
Sunny (Double YAY!)
23,000 in the parade
250,000 spectators
Lunch at Noodles
Ice cream at Betsy's

I'd do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment