Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Oldie but goodie


Pittsburgh is an old city.
Older looking than Cincinnati.


For example:


It is hard to imagine that Jerry Kitman 
can modernize your home
with such old signage.

He means modern furniture.
Inside I saw rockin' zebra print dining room chairs!


Even the cars are old!



Behind the main street
is this alley
filled with gardens.


All these tiny cement back yards
carefully fenced it.




The beds have to be built
and the soil trucked in.


These people are hard-working,
 and proud,
(one woman saw me taking photos, 
and ran out to show me photos of her lilies, which were out of bloom),

they remind me of my Polish grandparents.
They are doing the best they can with what they have.

What could I do,
if I really did the BEST I could
with all that I have?



I love all these garages
and you can see, nothing in Pittsburgh is flat!



Quirky narrow alley with stairs at one end




Texture even in the roads.
Two kinds of bricks!



Every inch is planted.



Makes me miss my grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment