Monday, January 9, 2012

Camera Repair SVC. Inc. in Market Square


Here's the story:
Needing cleaning, Mr. took my camera to 
downtown Pittsburgh.

He was charged $40 for "diagnostics".
They called and said the lens needed "recalibrating".

After two weeks, it was picked up.
The bill was $200.
They lost the lens cap,
but replaced it.

I took 6 photos.
It locked up, and didn't work 
AT ALL.
I called.
They said it was a battery issue.
When I changed the battery out, 
I noticed they replaced the
 PERFECTLY FUNCTIONING
Canon Battery
with a generic one.
Hmm.
No lens cap.
Generic battery.
Doesn't sound like a reputable place.
Neither battery made the camera work.


We left for our Christmas holiday.
I was NOT happy to have no camera.
You know I like my pictures.
I called and left messages.
NO RESPONSE.

I went back to the camera shop.
I shared my problem.
I told them I wanted a repair 
AND A REFUND.
The man behind the counter told me he doesn't do that.
Because they do good work.

I pointed out that when my camera was dropped off,
it WORKED.
And, after they "fixed" it, it doesn't.

Too bad for me, he said.
He took it back for repair.
He will call me later in the week.

I am NOT a HAPPY CAMPER.

I DO NOT want you to take your camera there.


Of course, 
I chose them on convenience.

And friends, 
I have been inconveniently paying for that convenience 
for a month.
And, I have no Christmas photos to boot.

The easy way is NEVER the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment