Sunday, December 18, 2011

Chihuly at the Phipps Conservatory

Do you know of my obsession with colored glass?
I am always drawn to it.
A.L.W.A.Y.S.

So, I am a big fan of Chihuly.

The Phipps Conservatory has lots of it.

This greets you in the foyer.



And, you can see it beautifully in the reflection in the windows.

I love that you can see the actual architecture of the conservatory too.
I'd love to have a conservatory
with heated floors.
I'd have breakfast there every day.






I love how Chihuly's glass sculptures
are just tucked in around the tropical plants.



In the desert, 
this GLOWS somehow from the inside.
Guess what it made me think of.
Chihuly is so brilliant,
and so is this glass sun.


Seriously.
My dining room would really shine 
if this Chihuly hung over the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment