Friday, September 9, 2011

Bad day.

I decided to get my PA license.
Driving legally is a priority.

So, I gathered all the documents.
Because states trust each other's process so much,
each state requires that you prove you are a proper citizen.
All over.
From scratch.
EVERY TIME.

I played a great game of scavenger hunt, 
got dressed,
combed my hair!
and even put on some lip gloss
(so I could look less like a criminal 
in the photo),
and I drove to another town to get my license.

I noticed the sings all over that said they don't take cash.
Hmmm.

After waiting for some time, 
I asked if they took credit cards. 
I mean, it's 2011, and who doesn't take a credit card?
PA DMV, that's who.

And, it turns out I forgot one important document:
either my passport,
or, my birth certificate and marriage license.

So back homeI went.
And back to the DMV, where, after a 1 hour wait,
I was issued a TEMPORARY license.

They are running my photo through a facial recognition program.
To be sure that I am not a criminal.

I guess we don't allow criminal elements in PA.

Of course,that wasn't enough to give me a bad day.

I'm tougher than that.

 First, the car I planned to drive wouldn't start,
so I had to coast it downhill,
backwards,
and park it two doors down
because that's how long the coasting took 
to get it in parking position.

All by myself.

I'm tougher than I look.

So, by 12:15PM,
the only things I had managed to do were get dressed
and get a TEMPORARY PA license.

1 comment:

  1. Ohio BMV doesn't take cash either. The temporary license is silly, they go to extremes.

    ReplyDelete