Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cooking for fun


This house inspires me to cook.

It could be the fancy gas stove.
I haven't cooked on a gas stove in at least 14 years.

It could be the giant sink 
(which our old house had and I loved).

It could be the massive storage 
(we have empty cupboards).

Either way, I made this quiche.



I relied on THIS recipe, 
but made these changes:

1 c. 1/2 & 1/2 instead of the milk and heavy cream
and 4 eggs instead of 3 eggs and 2 egg whites
and 1/2 c. parmesan cheese instead of fontina.

Mr. says it was my best quiche ever.

I also made pea and basil soup.  

It is supposed to be served chilled 
but it is delicious warm
in a drinking glass, if you are impatient like me!



Beautiful cherries.  

All I did was wash them.


Stacked brown tomato, 
basil, and
fresh mozzarella salad
drizzled with basil olive oil.

Have you ever had brown tomatoes?
Me neither.
They are so sweet.

Thank you new Pittsburgh grocery!


1 comment:

  1. Yum that dinner looks delicious! I am jealous of your gas stove, I want one so badly but it will be years before I get to cook on one since there is no good reason to switch ours out.

    ReplyDelete